No. 1180/2016-Pub 28th November 2016
H.P Cabinet Decisions
Enhances honorarium of PAT
95 small hydel projects of 197.695 MW capacity to be allotted
100 posts of Medical Officers to be filled up
The Cabinet in its meeting held here today gave approval to enhance the honorarium of the Primary Assistant Teachers (PAT) in Elementary Education Department from Rs. 8900/- to Rs. 11,000/- per month. The decision would benefit as many as 3240 PAT and will amount to an expenditure of Rs. 7 crore per annum. At present they were being paid an honorarium of Rs. 8900 since August, 2013. They were giving their services against vacant posts of JBT for more than 10 years.
The Cabinet Meeting was chaired by Chief Minister Shri Virbhadra Singh.
The Cabinet approved the services of Part Time Water Carriers and Carrier-cum-Peon on daily wages basis working in Education Department appointed under 1996 policy, who have rendered 14 years continuous service till 31st March and 30th September, 2016 as well as subsequent years be regularized as Peon (Class-IV).
The Cabinet also decided to allot 95 small hydel projects upto 5 MW with overall capacity of 197.695 MW to both Himachalis and Non-Himachalis. It was decided to allot 74 projects of 126.695 MW to Himachalis and 21 projects of 76 MW to non-himachalis. In case, if the capacity of the allotted projects is enhanced above 5 MW, all the charges based as per policy applied for projects above 5 MW including additional free power royalty to be paid by the applicant afresh on whole capacity of project.
It approved for termination of implementation agreement in respect of Lower Uhl Hyro Electricity Project (13MW) and further decided to allot through International Competitive Bidding route on basis of quoting highest upfront premium on BOOT basis.
The Cabinet gave its approval for felling /removal/lopping of dangerous trees in the limits of Municipal Corporation, Shimla and Dharamshala, as per the recommendation of the Sub Committee.
The Cabinet approved to fill/create following posts:
· The Cabinet decided to fill 113 functional vacant posts of different categories in Urban Local Bodies in the State.
· It also decided to fill 100 posts of Medical Officers (MBBS) in Health and Family Welfare Department
· Approval was accorded to create 33 posts of different categories in Panchayati Raj Training Institutions.
· It approved to fill seven posts of Treasury Officers through direct recruitment by HP Public Service Commission.
· To create and fill nine posts of different category in the newly constructed Observation Home at Hiranagar on fixed salary basis as per ICPS norms.
· Approval was accorded to fill up six posts of Block Development Officers through direct recruitment.
· Cabinet approved to fill up four posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Vital Wing of Health and Family Welfare Department on contract basis.
· Approval was accorded to fill up two posts of Manager (IT) and two posts of Deputy Manager (IT) on contract basis in IT department.
· It approved to create/fill two posts for State Resource Centre for women (SRCW) under the revised National Mission for Empowerment of women (NMEW) Scheme.
· Cabinet approved to fill two posts of Superintendent (Home) in Social Justice and Empowerment Department through direct recruitment.
· Nod was given to fill two posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) on contract basis in Tribal Development Department.
· The Cabinet approved to create/fill one post of Deputy Director in the Integrated Child Development Service (ICDS).
· It decided to create/fill up one post of Junior Office Assistant (IT) on contract basis and one post of Peon on daily wage basis for the office of District Attorney in each Divisional Commissioner of State.
· To fill up one post of Steno Typist and one post of Driver on contract basis in the office of Settlement Officer Division Kangra.
· It approved to create one post of Senior Lecturer Assistant and one post of Junior Lecturer Assistant in Government College Khundian in district Kangra.
· To fill one vacant post of Assistant Librarian in HIPA.
· To create one post of Pump Operator in Municipal Council Palampur.
· Creation/filling up of one post of Watchman-cum-Peon on daily wage basis and one post of Sweeper on part-time basis in the State Child Protection Society run in the State under ICPS under Social Justice and Empowerment department.
· To create one post of Nurse, one post of Cook and one post of Part Time Sweeper in Children Home, Tutikandi.
· The Cabinet gave its nod to create department of Endocrinology in IGMC and Dr. Rajinder Prasad Medical College and Hospital Tanda, along-with requisite posts.
· It approved to open Primary Health Centre in GP Balghar in Shimla district, Chamboh in Hamirpur district along-with requisite staff.
· It gave approval to open new Health Sub Centres at Kanjayan, Lehri Sarel, Baddu Sahani in Bilaspur district, Gram Panchayat Kas in Mandi district along-with staff.
· It approved to upgrade Primary Health Centre Hatwar to Community Health Centre in district Bilaspur along-with staff required for the purpose.
Other Important Decisions
The Cabinet approved transfer of Government land in favour of Government of India for construction of Central Drug Standard Control Organization Zonal Office at Baddi in Solan district.
Approval was given for development plan for Barog Special area.
Decision was taken to open new Government Industrial Training Institute (ITI) at Pandoga in Haroli of Una district.
Approval was accorded to upgrade Sub-Tehsil Nerwa in Chopal and Sub tehsil Kamarau in Sirmaur to Tehsil.
It Approved to open new Primary School at Kuthwara (Gehra) and Salahan(Tissa) in Chamba district.
It approved for procurement of high quality sugar to be distributed under Public Distribution System (PDS).
The Cabinet approved to start PG in Geology in Government College Dharamshala.
It approved to mandatory use of Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) Star Labeled Motor Pump sets for every new agricultural pump connection.
Nod was accorded to upgrade Veterinary Dispensary Taklech and Kalpa to Veterinary Hospital in Shimla and Kinnaur districts respectively alongwith requisite staff.
It also approved to open Veterinary Dispensary in village Tunan GP Tunan in Kullu district along-with requisite staff.
Amendments and Rules
· The Cabinet gave its approval to the draft Himachal Pradesh electricity (Duty) amendment Bill-2016. Under this the electricity duty for the consumers availing short term open access facility and availing power from Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) is proposed to be levied at fixed rate 51 paise per unit.
· It approved for framing Rules under the Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014.
· The Cabinet gave its nod to approve H.P. Municipal Corporation (Second Amendment) Bill 2016.
· It approved Himachal Pradesh Transfer of Land (Regulation) amendment Bill, 2016.
· It approved amendment in the Himachal Pradesh Value Added Tax Rules, 2005. The amendment pertains to registration procedure and process of submission of returns by carrier of goods and agent of transport companies under the VAT Rules, 2005 and levying 5% uniform cess on e-commerce, which will cover on line purchases by inserting new forms.
· Approval was accorded to insert new Rule-4A under the Himachal Pradesh Tax on Entry of Goods into Local Area Rules, 2012 and a new entry No. 15 in Schedule-II appended to the Himachal Pradesh Tax on Entry of Goods into Local Area Act, 2010.