HP Cabinet approves amendment in Hydro Power Policy 2006
· Reduces Addl. Goods Tax on Iron & Steel, VAT on CNG & anti-hail nets
· Decides to procure citrus fruits under MIS
· Gives nod to fill up about 600 posts
· Jhanduta to have new SDM Office and Matiana IPH Division
The Cabinet in its meeting held here today accorded approval to make certain modifications/amendments to the Hydro Power Policy 2006. The developer now has to submit the proposals to the Deputy Commissioners concerned for obtaining approvals/ No Objection Certificates (NOCs) from different departments including Gram Panchayats. Numerous clauses has been added for condoning the delay, which include delay due to domain change, delay in obtaining clearances from National Board of Wildlife, wherever applicable, delay in accordance of Terms of Reference (ToR) approval by Ministry of External Affairs, delay due to change in Policy provisions, delay in grant of environment clearances and diversion of forest and government land and due to hurdles created by locals/NGOs by way of threat to management and unethical demands, etc.
The Cabinet was presided over by Chief Minister Shri Virbhadra Singh.
It also decided to reduce the present rate of Additional Goods Tax (AGT) on Iron and Steel from Rs. 7.50 per quintal to Rs. 5 per quintal as per the Budget assurance of Chief Minister. This would further give relief to manufacturers from the slum in the market.
The Cabinet also accorded approval to reduce VAT on CNG from existing 13.75 percent to 5 %. It also decided to reduce value added Tax on Anti Hail Nets to 4 %, which at present was taxable @13.75 percent. It will help flourishing the horticulture sector.
The Cabinet also decided to procure the citrus fruits (Kinnow, Malta, Galgal and Oranges) under Market Intervention Scheme, 2016-17 (from 21stNovember 2016 to 15 th February 2017). The citrus fruits (Kinnow, Malta and Orange) up to 500 Metric tonnes would be procured @ Rs.6.50 Grade-B and Rs 6 for Grade-C per Kilogram and for 100 MT of Galgal the rate would be Rs. 5 per Kilogram. Similarly, handling charges would amount to Rs 2.65 per Kgs for Kinnow, Malta and Orange and Rupee one per Kilogram for Galgal.
JOBS/CREATION OF POSTS
· The Cabinet decided to fill around 300 posts of Junior Office Assistants (IT) in department of Higher education on contract basis.
· It approved to fill 150 posts of Ayurvedic Pharmacists on contract basis in Ayurvedic Department.
· The Cabinet gave its approval to fill up 100 posts of Ayurvedic Medical Officers on contract basis i.e., 50 percent through direct recruitment and 50 percent batch-wise.
· Approval for regularization of as many as seven Ayurvedic Medical Officers appointed on contract basis under Rogi Kalyan Samiti (RKS) in Ayurveda Department.
· Cabinet gave its approval for creation of five ex-Cadre posts of HPAS for BDO’s category.
· Approved to fill two posts of Steno Typists in Information & Public Relations Department on contract basis through direct recruitment.
· To fill two posts of Junior Technical Assistant (Archaeology & Museum) on contract basis in the Language, Art & Culture Department.
· It approved to fill up vacant posts in the office of ADM Pooh, district Kinnaur.
· To fill one vacant post of District Inspector, Food, Civil & Supplies through direct recruitment.
· To create one post of Superintendent Grade-I in Language, Art & Culture Department.
· Decided to fill seven posts of drivers in Higher Education department.
· Approval to create five posts of Sweepers-cum-Peon in Language, Art & Culture Department.
· Decided to fill up one post of system analyst in NIC by outsourcing and one post of Junior office assistant (IT) on contract basis in HP Building and other Construction Workers Welfare Board.
· Filling up of two posts of Managers in Industries department on contract basis.
The Cabinet approved to provide land on lease for setting up 1.2 Mega Watt (MW) Flozen Renewal Energy Private Limited Micro Hydel project at Phati Zari Kothi in Kullu district.
It also gave approval for setting up another Hydel Project named Hisrund hydel Project (3MW) by Nanal Hydro Power Consultancy Private Limited in Churah in district Chamba.
The Cabinet decided to give relaxation in terms and condition of Hydel Projects on International Competitive Bidding on Chenab Basin. This has been done so as to enable the developers who have been allotted projects in Chenab basin in term of deferment of Free Power Quantum out of State’s own share of Free Power Royalty for initial 12 years after commissioning of the project so that the basic criteria needed for sanctioning of Loans/funds could be fulfilled and further the same quantum, as deferred, may be recovered in a uniform percentage in next 18 years.
· The Cabinet decided to take over the Shri Vashisth Sanskrit Vidya Peeth Tungesh, in Tehsil Theog in district Shimla as per the announcement of Chief Minister in August 2015.
· Gave approval to fill nine posts of Acharayas in Government Sanskrit colleges of the State on contract basis.
The Cabinet gave its nod for creation of new IPH Division at Matiana in district Shimla.
It also approved to create new Sub Divisional Office (Civil) at Jhanduta.
Nod was given to open New Sub-Office of Employment Exchange at Kangra, at Haroli in district Una, Paddar in district Mandi and at Baddi in Solan district as per announcements of Chief Minister.
It approved to declare Gahar Jaach (Gadsaa Mela) Kullu as a District level fair.
Cabinet gave its approval for up-gradation of various Primary/Middle/High/ Senior Secondary Schools in the State as per announcement of the Chief Minister.
It decided to take over the ‘Tedha Mandir’ under the control of Jawalaji Temple Trust.
The Cabinet gave its nod to upgrade Veterinary dispensary, Chachian in district Kangra, Vet dispensary Sayanj Bagra and Pandoh in Mandi district to Veterinary Hospital with requisite staff.
Approval was given to lease out the land to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangath at Sandhol, in Mandi district.
AMENDMENTS/ACTS & RULES
· It gave approval to amendment in Tax Schedule under Himachal Pradesh Tax on Entry of Goods into Local Area Act, 2010.