Sirmaur and Kangra to be developed as Model Health Care Districts
Cabinet approved adoption of recommendations of State Health Commission
The Cabinet in its meeting held here today approved the revised Eco-Tourism Policy-2016 so as to make Himachal Pradesh a leading eco-tourism destination, with eco-tourism attracting at least 10% of overall tourists visiting the State by the year 2030. However, before bidding, it was decided that the department should obtain Forest Clearance (FCA). The policy is based on the understanding that involvement of local communities in eco-tourism would support their livelihood needs and consequently create a stake for them in the conservation of local culture, ecology and environment.
The Cabinet was presided over by Chief Minister, Virbhadra Singh, here today.
The Cabinet also reviewed the progress of implementation of budget assurance by the departments and directions were issued to the departments to expedite the implementation of pending works.
With an objective of ensuring a better health care system and to provide better health facilities to the people, the Cabinet approved adoption of recommendations of State Health Commission which calls for creation of HP State Health Fund to generate resources and recommends Sirmour and Kangra districts to be developed in to model health care districts.
Over the next five years all zonal and district hospitals to be upgraded to IPHS standards so that they may be able to offer comprehensive care including ability to provide emergency services, level 2 trauma care, special new born care, surgeries, psychiatric care as well as diagnosis, treatment and long term follow up of treatable chronic diseases.
It was also decided to procure and distribute School uniform under Mahatma Gandhi Vardi Yojna to the students of 1st to 10th through e-tender by Himachal Pradesh State Civil Supply Corporation Ltd. for the year 2016-17 and 2017-18.
The Cabinet approved the proposal to provide facilities in potential industrial zones in industrial corridors in Himachal Pradesh at Dulehar, Dehlan, Ispur and Ispur-II, Gagret in district Una, Paonta Sahib, Mazra and Nahan in district Sirmour, Kotla, Indora and Raja-Ka-Bag in district Kangra, Doon, Patta, Tiro, Majhol and Nalagarh in district Solan and Kot-Kehloor in district Bilaspur.
The Cabinet approved to enhance the honorarium of Gram Vidya Upasak from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 7000 per month fulfilling the announcement made by the Chief Minister in his budget speech.
Approval was given by the Cabinet to provide relief to the persons under the State Disaster Relief Manual who were presently not covered under the relief manual. This includes death or injury due to electric current, dog bites etc. It was decided that in absence of FIR or post-mortem report, the medical certificate, death certificate, on the statement of Panchayat Pradhans or local people, the relief could be provided.
More than 3000 posts to be created /filled
· The Cabinet gave its nod to fill up 1500 posts of C&V category Teachers includes 600 posts of OT, 400 posts of LT, 200 posts of DM and 300 posts of PET in Elementary Education Department on contract basis.
· Approval was given to fill up 465 posts of Forest Guards on contract basis in Forest Department by direct recruitment.
· The Cabinet decided to fill 418 posts of Additional Anganwari Workers cum Nutrition Counsellors for ICDS Blocks of Sirmour and Kangra districts.
· The Cabinet gave its approval to fill up 214 posts of Veterinary Pharmacists on contract basis in Animal Husbandry Department.
· It approved to fill up 40 posts of Excavator Operators and 20 posts of Driver on contract basis through direct recruitment in PWD.
· It also approved to fill up 100 posts of Junior Engineer (Civil) on contract through direct recruitment in PWD.
· The Cabinet approved to create 43 posts for performing the statutory functions of State Load Despatch Centre under the aegis of Himachal Pradesh Load Despatch Society.
· To fill 40 posts of Junior Engineer (Civil) and two posts of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) through direct recruitment on contract basis in I&PH department.
· Nod was given by the Cabinet to fill 40 posts of Patwari in PWD by the way of direct recruitment and LDRs in equal ratio on contract basis.
· Decided to fill up 30 posts of Assistant Professor and eight posts of non-teaching staff in CSK HPKV University Palampur on contract basis.
· Approval was given to fill up 25 posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Higher Education on contract basis.
· The Cabinet gives it nod to fill up ten posts of Professors in Government Pharmacy College Rohroo.
· The Cabinet approved to fill three posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Settlement Division Kangra and four similar posts in Settlement Division Shimla.
· It approved to fill two posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in the Department of Economics and Statistics on contract basis.
· Two posts of Data Entry Operators on contract basis in Environment Science and Technology Department.
· Creation and filling up of one post of Senior Assistant and two posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) for the office of Assistant Commissioner Protocol at Parwanoo.
· Filling up of 10 posts of Junior Engineer Electrical in PWD by direct recruitment on contract basis.
· One post of Manager IT and one post of Assistant Programme in office of Engineer-in-Chief PWD to be created/filled on secondment basis.
· Filling up of eight posts of Havaldar Instructor/Quarter Master Havaldar and six posts of Civil Defence Instructor on contract basis in Home Guard and Civil Defence Department.
· Cabinet gave its approval of creation/filling up of 18 Posts of various posts including Assistant Professors on contract basis in Government Degree College Rakkar in district Kangra.
· Creation and filling of 10 posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) on contract basis and nine posts of Extension Officers in newly created Development Block in Industries Department.
· Four posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Forest Department on contract basis.
· It approved filling up the one post of Assistant Director Fisheries on contract basis through direct recruitment and 10 posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) on contract basis in Fisheries Department.
· Filling up of two posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Dr. Y.S. Parmar Government Medical College Nahan.
· One post of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Horticulture Department.
· Filling up of four posts of Bee Keepers in Horticulture Department through direct recruitment on contract basis.
The Cabinet approved for temporary encadrement posts of teaching faculty in Yaswant Singh Parmar Govt. Medical College Nahan.
Cabinet gave its approval for opening Sub-Tehsil, Majheen in Kangra and Dulehar in Una Districts.
HYDEL POWER SECTOR
· The Cabinet also decided to allot 528 MW Jaisi Hydel Electric Project to Himachal Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. and also approved for re-allocation of Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd. (SJVNL) proposed stage-I (219 MW) and Stage-II (143 MW) Luhri, hydro electro project in favour of SJVNL in line with the terms and conditions of Hydro Power Policy of the State.
· Approval was accorded for incorporation of the company (Special purpose vehicle) Kishau Corporation Ltd by the Government of Himachal Pradesh in joint venture with the Govt. of Uttarkhand in equal participation to execute Kishau Multipurpose Project (660 MW), besides authorizing HPPCL to perform all acts and deeds for incorporation on behalf of the State Government.
· Cabinet approved for change of elevation in respect of Pakhnoj-II (3 MW) State Hydel Electric Project in district Kullu.
· It was decided to increase the share holding of the State Government in SJVNL to 26%. However the State Government has no objection if Central Government equity is disinvested.
· The Cabinet approved the MoU to be signed between Dr. RPGMC Tanda and Ms Sita Ram Jindal Foundation for construction of Sarai (Inn) in Tanda Medical College.
· Opening of Health Sub-Centre at Village Chokhna in Ghumarwin.
· New Primary Health Centre at Pandranu and Purag in Jubbal Kotkhai in Shimla district.
· The Cabinet approved setting up of L-I Trauma Centre at Indus Hospital Shimla.
· The Cabinet gave its nod to shift the Drug Inspector Office from Rajpur to Paonta Sahib.
· It accorded its approval to change and name of Health Sub Centre Lakhanpur and transferring it to Kunala in Bilaspur district.
The Cabinet also decided to restore the erstwhile united services officers club (US Club) Shimla.
It also decided to enhance the capital of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe Development Corporation for Rs. 70 to 90 crore.
The Cabinet also gave its nod to grant ex-post facto sanction for new Primary Schools, Gadyana in Bilaspur district, Matiyala, Badwana, Mulan in Sirmour, Moora, Mehtar, Phoota in Chamba, Pucca-tiyala in Kangra, Jamun-ka-Dora in Solan district, Kulag, Harsinghdhar, Junikala, Jamu in Shimla district and Khuddu in Mandi district.
OTHER IMPORTANT DECISIONS :
The Cabinet decided to reduce the Stamp duty from four percent to three percent for registration of house in the name of women fulfilling the budget announcement of the Chief Minister.
It also approved to open new Government Colleges alongwith posts at Dhaneta district Hamirpur, Jandaur in Kangra, Khad in Una, Nirmand in Kullu and Lylh Kothi in Chamba.
The Cabinet gave its nod to introduce Commerce stream in Government College Seraj at Lambathach in district Mandi.
The Cabinet approved exemption from payment of token tax and registration fee in favour of electric vehicles. This is being done in compliance to orders of National Green Tribunal to provide sustainable, environment friendly, public transit system and encourage the use of Electric Vehicles.
The Cabinet also gave approval to Skill Development Policy with the title ‘Him Kaushal-2016’ and authorized the Planning Department to make minor changes in the draft before its final notification.
It also decided to transfer the land in favour of Geological Survey of India for construction of Training Institute Complex at Shivalik Fossil Park Saketi district Sirmour.
It also approved to open new Government Polytechnic at Basantpur in Shimla Rural Constituency.
The Cabinet gave its nod to change the name of Government Industrial Training Institute Nalagarh to Government Model Industrial Training Institute Nalagarh. Besides, it also decided to change the name of Government Industrial Training Institute Garhjamula to Government Industrial Training Institute Garhjamula (at Inderpur) in district Kangra.
It also approved to open a new office of Sub-Divisional officer (Civil), at Ner Chowk in Mandi.
ACTS AND AMENDMENTS
· The Cabinet decided to approve the proposal regarding insertion of the entry ‘Sim Cards’ in Schedule ‘B’ of Himachal Pradesh Value Added Tax Act, 2015.
· It also approved amendment in CCS (Leave) Rules 1972 with respect to grant of study leave to the State Government employees.
· It approved the proposal for the amendment in Clause No. 87 of Articles of Association of the Himachal Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited with respect of Ownership pattern and Equity Holding.
· The Cabinet approved to carryout amendment in Himachal Pradesh Fisheries Rules, 1979.
· It approved amendments in the guidelines for the appointment/selection of Anganwari/Mini Anganwari Workers/Helpers.